Historical CostumesMORE FROM THIS CATEGORY:
Renaissance CostumesMORE FROM THIS CATEGORY:
Adult Renaissance CostumesMORE FROM THIS CATEGORY:
Richard the Lionheart Costume
- Arm guards
- 2 Medallions
- 100% polyester interlock knit fabric
- Teal ankle-length robe has printed gold lion and brocade ribbon trim on front
- Robe has gray sleeves & brown foam-backed faux suede epaulets
- Gray hood can be pinned to robe w/ medallions
- Dark red ankle-length cape fastens to robe w/ Velcro tabs at shoulders
- Antique-gold-tone molded plastic medallions fasten w/ safety pins
- Brown faux leather belt has antique-gold-tone metal buckle
- Brown foam-backed faux suede arm guards fasten with faux leather straps and gold-tone metal buckles
- Gilded crown is molded latex
The troops gather along the bottom of the tall, stone walls of the city. The men of the army seem nervous. Their spears clatter in the breeze above their heads. It's quiet, too quiet, the men finally have time to think after the long march from camp. They need their leader. They need those brave words that got them all the way here. They need you, Richard the Lion Hearted! With you, they feel no fear!
Life in the 1100's wasn't all chaste ladies, lilting lutes, and chivalry, though there was plenty of all of those things. In the reign of Richard the Lion Hearted the world was a tough place, even for royalty. Richard was off fighting in the crusades from a very young age. While he was eventually offered a place on the English throne, he felt more comfortable on the battlefield than in court. He's the epitome of a medieval manly man. Even though he was only in his realm for about six months during his reign as king, the people of England still tell legends about him, hundreds of years after he died. He even has a heroic role in Robin Hood when he punishes Prince John for his tyranny and gives Robin Hood and Maid Marian the go ahead to get hitched.
Take the throne this Halloween, as you don the trappings of this tough King who fought his own battles. Just don't forget to have the blacksmith make you a sword and shield, King Richard wouldn't be caught dead without them. This costume doesn't just have heart, it has the heart of a lion!
There are no reviews for this item yet. Be the first to write a review!